SBA SDVOSB Status
Mathieu & Associates, LLC meets all eligibility criteria to participate in the U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) Program.
The purpose of the SBA’s SDVOSB Program is to provide procuring agencies with the authority to set acquisitions aside for exclusive competition among service-disabled veteran-owned small business concerns, as well as the authority to make sole source awards to service-disabled veteran-owned small business concerns if certain conditions are met. The regulations for the SBA’s SDVOSB Program are set forth at 13 CFR 125.
In order to be eligible for the SDVOSB Program, a business must meet the following criteria:
- The Service Disabled Veteran (SDV) must have a service-connected disability that has been determined by the Department of Veterans Affairs or Department of Defense.
- The SDVOSB must be “small” under the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code assigned to the procurement.
- The SDV must unconditionally own and control 51% of the SDVOSB.
- The SDV must control the management and daily operations of the SDVOSB.
- The SDV must hold the highest officer position in the SDVOSB.
In order to participate in the SBA’s SDVOSB Program, there is no formal certification process. Rather, a business self-certifies as an SDVOSB in SAM.gov, the consolidated online database for businesses competing in the federal government marketplace. Then, at the time of a contract bid for an SVOSB set-aside contract, the business certifies with its bid that it qualifies as an SDVOSB.
No Eligibility for VA Contracts
Self-certification in SAM.gov and at the time of bid only applies to solicitations issued by federal agencies other than the VA. For VA VOSB or SDVOSB set-aside contracts, a business must go through the verification process administered by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs’ Center for Verification and Evaluation (CVE) and be listed in the VetBiz Vendor Information Pages. Mathieu & Associates, L.L.C. is listed in the VetBiz Vendor Information Pages.